Friday, May 23, 2014

When Calls The Heart Episode 3- "A Telling Silence" Review

It was recently announced that When Calls the Heart has been picked up for a second season by the Hallmark Channel! This does not come as a shock to me because it is a great show that will send you through a huge range of emotion every episode and it is faith based and family friendly. I have said before when I reviewed previous episodes of When Calls the Heart that one of the biggest things I enjoy about this show is that I can watch it with my six year old daughter without any concern that I might have to change the channel or that the plot will get to be something that I wouldn't allow her to watch. I am glad to hear that there will be a second season, it is a great show!

I was excited to be offered the opportunity via Edify Media to review the 3rd dvd release for When Calls the Heart. The 3rd episode is called "A Telling Silence" and you can watch the trailer for it below. The DVD also includes the 4th episode as well It is entitled "Secrets and Lies".

Aren't they so cute? :)
"A Telling Silence" was a super intense episode. I must commend the acting skills of the little girl that plays Rosaleen, she did a wonderful job portraying his little girl who has gone mute since the mining accident who turns up missing after her teacher Elizabeth was called away from her momentarily. The whole town searches for this little girl and as night falls they still haven't found her. They continue their search well into the night. I do not want to give away the plot, but there were some very intense scenes and I definitely shed some tears. There was, as I already said, some great acting portrayed among the cast. Meanwhile constable Jack discovers evidence that Cat Montgomery might have been involved in a suspicious church fire. Elizabeth stands up for her friend not believing that she would be capable of committing such a crime and Jack has no choice but to do some digging to see where his evidence leads him. Cat's kids are beside themselves. The episode revolves mostly around trying to figure out what really happened and if Cat is involved. Elizabeth sets out to prove her friend innocent and finds out the truth. The very ending scene is of Jack and Elizabeth and the scenes these two have together are always my favorite because these actors have some stellar chemistry...but this last scene was super romantic! Innocent, but romantic. It makes me want to catch up on all of the episodes I haven't seen yet to see what happens between Elizabeth and Jack because it is clear that something special is happening!

When Calls the Heart is inspired by a series of novels by Janette Oke. You can find these novels on Amazon.com.

You can watch When Calls the Heart on Hallmark Channel, purchase episodes on Amazon.com or buy the dvds at Mardel or other Christian retailers nationwide.
Watch the trailer for "A Telling Silence" below-

No comments:

Post a Comment