Thursday, February 20, 2014

Give and Save Review

*Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.




If you are like me, you like websites like Groupon and Living Social that offer daily deals on products and services. I can't even count how many times I have used these types of websites, but what I do know is that I have saved a ton of money in the process. There is a new deal website called Give and Save that hopes to offer the same sort of discounts, but with a charitable twist-  for each purchase you make on the Give and Save website, you are able to choose a charity that a portion of the profits will go to. If there is one thing I love more than saving my own money, it is helping other people who need it and Give and Save allows us to do both.

When I checked out the website to decide what I wanted to purchase, one of the deals at the time was to name a star. My 6 year old daughter has been a little bit obsessed with the stars recently, she has told me on more than one occasion that she would really REALLY like to have a telescope, so when I saw the deal for Your Star Forever, I KNEW that was the one I had to get. I clicked on the option to purchase my deal and when I got to the page to do so, there is a drop down list of charitable organizations to choose from. All are worthy causes that could use donations and it is difficult for me to pick one over the others, but in the end I decided to go with the American Red Cross. There have been so many natural disasters in the last few years, it felt like the right choice. After choosing your charity you enter your payment information on the same page, making the checkout process incredibly easy and convenient. You then receive a confirmation email and shortly after that an email from the company you bought your deal from with a code to use on their website. I hit a little speed bump with the Your Star Forever company because my code did not work upon my first try, but the people at Give and Save were quick to figure out the issue (which was just that the Your Star Forever company didn't input the code correctly at first) and resolved it right away.  When I went back to the website, the code worked beautifully and now my little girl has her own star to look at when we get that telescope one day.

Right now, there are not a ton of daily deals to choose from on the Give and Save website, but I imagine as word gets out about this wonderful website that the number of deals will continue to grow. I would love to see this website get as big as the other daily deal sites, I know I would much rather purchase something from somewhere if I know that it will help others in the process. I absolutely love the idea of a portion of my money going to wonderful charities and I can not wait to watch Give and Save continue to grow.

Connect with Give and Save on Facebook
Connect with Give and Save on Twitter

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment