Tuesday, November 12, 2013

VeggieTales Merry Larry and the True Light of Christmas Review

*Disclosure- I received a copy of the movie from Big Idea Entertainment. I was not required to write a positive review and all opinions stated are 100% my own.

I was so excited when this movie arrived. I have loved VeggieTales since they first began and I have always particulalry enjoyed the Christmas movies. In Merry Larry and the True Light of Christmas Larry the Cucumber stars as Head Elf at a mall who is on a quest to help a compassionate little girl who wants to help her neighbor in need for Christmas. Bob the Tomato stars as Phillip Fleagle, who takes some time to reflect on there being more to Christmas than material gifts and light displays. This feature will help little ones understand what the true meaning of Christmas is and what a joy it can be to give to others, especially those in need. Si Robertson of Duck Commander fame stars as the new okra character Silas and Owl City and TobyMac team up for the theme song of the movie "Light of Christmas".

My 3 kids and I have already watched this movie several times. I love that VeggieTales movies always have a great message for kids and the message in this one is particularly important. Sometimes kids can get so wrapped up in the fun of presents and lights that they may not know that there is a more important meaning to Christmas. This movie opens up the discussion that other people might not have money for presents or even for food and that we should always try to help when we can. It is a message I hope to instill in my kids, a conversation I want to continue to be openly discussed in our house, that we should take care of others when we can, even if it is just a small thing, compassion is an important quality to have. Merry Larry and the True Light of Christmas is not only a great teaching tool, it has all of the elements we would expect in a great VeggieTales movie. There are catchy songs and vibrant characters. My kids love the song at the beginning of the show, but their absolute favorite was the new silly song "Wrapped Myself Up for Christmas". I can't even tell you the number of times that we have watched the sing along video in the extra features and my boys just giggle the whole way through it! There are also some other nice special features including a behind the scenes peek with Si Robertson which Duck Commander fans will absolutely adore. This is a great movie for any VeggieTales fan to add to their collection and a great Christmas movie to add to any household in general. I know my kids will look forward to watching it for years to come!

Connect with VeggieTales on Facebook  
Connect with VeggieTales on Twitter
Connect with VeggieTales on Pinterest
Connect with VeggieTales on YouTube


Merry Larry and the True Light of Christmas
is now available Amazon.com and Mardel, as well as other retailers nationwide.

1 comment: