Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Happy Women Live Better by Valorie Burton (Book Review)

*Disclosure- I received an e-copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley. I was not required to write a positive review and all opinions stated are 100% my own.
 

About the book:

Fresh from the success of her bestselling Successful Women Think Differently and Your 5-Minute Personal Coach comes a breakout new release from media sensation and certified personal coach Valorie Burton. Drawing from compelling new research and the wisdom of Scripture, Valorie shows women how to become unstuck and unstoppable in reclaiming a life of joy and purpose.
Like sitting down with a trusted mentor, Valorie’s warmth and encouragement will resonate with her followers old and new, inspiring them to take hold of the abundant life God has in store. With a focus on relationships, career, finances, and physical and spiritual health, Valorie gently coaches readers through the steps to find the happiness they desire.

My thoughts:

I was excited to see a book written about happiness. I am sure there are others, but this is the first one I have come across. I think every woman *wants* to be happy, but if they are like me, they may have trouble fitting that into their already overwhelmed schedule. We have kids to raise, meals to make, houses to clean, jobs to do well at. We have a lot on our plates. I found this book VERY encouraging. I like that Burton helps us look at how you can achieve happiness or being happier by looking at several different components of our lives and breaks down how we can change how we will feel. I felt there was some great advice in this book and I specifically enjoyed the happiness quiz.  The quiz gauges what things you do that bring you the most happiness. I wasn't surprised at all at my results, but it was good to see it there in writing so that I can make a conscious effort to do the things that bring me the most joy. I found that I also love the quiz because I can have the people around me take it and find out what it is that brings THEM happiness. I think this is a wonderful book that every woman should read. You will get through this book quickly since it's an easy read and when you finish it will leave you feeling uplifted and ready to pursue happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment