Friday, May 24, 2013

The Confession- Movie Review

*Disclosure- I received a copy of the movie to view. I was not required to render a positive review and all opinions stated are 100% my own. 

About The Confession:

Raised by an Amish family, Katie Lapp (Katie Leclerc, TV's "Switched at Birth") always felt the call of another life. Now, her quest to find her birth-mother, Laura Mayfield-Bennett (Sherry Stringfield, TV's "ER"), has drawn her into the world of the "Englishers." Along the way, two very different men try to help her overcome a devious scheme to steal her rightful inheritance. Business-minded but kind-hearted Justin Wirth (Michael Rupnow) reaches out to disvoer Katie's hidden secrets, while her childhood sweetheart Daniel Fisher (Cameron Deane Stewart) sacrifices his own happiness for her future. Katie's heart is divided between two worlds as love reveals the trust in the moving saga based on the hit novel from New York Times best-selling author Beverly Lewis.

Michael Landon Jr. Brings to life this second installment in author Beverly Lewis' The Heritage of Lancaster Country trilogy on the big screen. I must confess, upon beginning to movie I didn't realize that this was the second in a series, but this movie (and I am sure the novel as well) is able to stand on it's own quite well. Although I had not read any of the books from this particular series of Ms. Lewis, the movie sounded great so I definitely wanted to watch it. I thought it had a great story line. Katie is on a journey to find her birth mother, who is not Amish, so she is in the world of the "Englishers" trying to figure out how to find her. She finally finds out where she is only to discover once she gets there that someone else is posing as her! She stays anyway, mistaken as a new maid, just to be around her mother and to figure out exactly why there is someone pretending to be her! I loved following along in the movie rooting for Katie in so many different ways. I wanted so badly to see that Katie would be able to reveal herself to her mother or that her mother would somehow figure out who she was. I love some of the little plot twists that revealed themselves in the movie, but I won't ruin that here for those of you who haven't read the books. There are two men that seem to love Katie and want to see her happy and help her along the way. This makes for some fantastic scenes for those of us who enjoy romance! The ending of the movie was great and left me wanting more, so I REALLY hope that they make the third installment of The Heritage of Lancaster Series into a movie as well!

The Confession is a great family movie filled with faith and love. I would recommend this movie to anyone who enjoys a family friendly, heartwarming story. The Confession debuted on The Hallmark Channel on May 11. The DVD will be available on June 11 and can be bought at Walmart stores nationwide. You can also pre-order the movie on Walmart.com right now! 

As for me, after watching The Confession, I realized the first movie in the series is on Netflix...guess what holds the number one spot on my instant queue? I look forward to seeing where the story began and to reading the third book (and hopefully watching the third movie if/when it gets made!) to see what is sure to be a wonderful conclusion to this great series!

No comments:

Post a Comment