Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Live Below The Line Challenge

Last year I learned about the Live Below The Line Campaign via Bzzagent. I am always looking for ways to help and I think that the world wide hunger crisis really needs our attention. A few dollars really can go a long way! Last year, I attempted to raise money and didn't get a single sponsor. This year I am committed to try again and hopefully have a few people donate and help me and my cousin meet our goal and contribute to Unicef- The United States Fund. The reason we chose this charity to "play" for is we wanted to see the funds we raised be put to use right here in the United States. There are 1.2 billion people worldwide who live below the poverty level and may not know when their next meal will be. Please consider donating, even if it's just $5, every cent counts! My cousin and I set a goal of $250. If we get 25 people to donate just $10 we will have met our goal and helped feed thousands of people. Be a part of this remarkable campaign by donating below. Thanks to anyone who considers doing so!!

As part of the campaign, we are taking somewhat of a walk in poverty stricken people's shoes. We were allotted $7.50 to spend to buy 5 days worth of groceries. That's for breakfast lunch and dinner. I ended up getting oatmeal, ramen noodles, a bag of oranges, a couple of pudding cups and a dozen eggs. It was not an easy shopping trip for me and it has not been an easy week eating. I am on day two and I am definitely feeling hungry a good majority of the day. I have been drinking a lot of tap water to try and fill up a little bit. I know that one week is no big thing in the grand scheme of things. There are people that have to live like this every week. Let's help see to it that less of them have to do so.

I will be writing daily in my diary if you are interested in keeping up with my journey.

If you feel led to donate, you can do so at my team's Live Below The Line page.

No comments:

Post a Comment