Sunday, September 23, 2012

Tasty Favorites Cravebox Review

A few days after I got my Back to School Limited Edition Cravebox, I received my regular monthly (4-6 weeks to be more accurate) Cravebox. The theme of this box was "Tasty Favorites." SEVERAL people have complained on the Facebook page that this box is not worth $10, but to break it down it is worth $12.33 + several valuable coupons for some of the products. No, this box was not as packed or as high value as some of the other boxes that Cravebox has spoiled us with, but I do think it was a good box and I am not disappointed in it at all. In fact I found a new product in it that we will most definitely be buying in our house which is kind of the whole point of this subscription box thing!

Here is the break down of what was in the box:

Plentils: These are a GMO free, GLUTEN free product! These are chips made out of lentils. What I got was a bag of garlic and Parmesan. My 3 year old twins and my 5 year old daughter automatically decided that these were theirs to eat, I did manage to sneak a few out to try. All of the kids ate theirs and asked for more and the ones I had were delicious. Let me stress that these have the right crunch for a chip. Many alternatives to potato chips don't quite hit this the mark. These do, plus they are made of healthy ingredients and I don't have to wonder about their source with a trusted company like Enjoy Life AND they taste awesome. Oh, did I mention there are only 100 calories in the bag? I am IN LOVE! <3 Plentils retail for $3.99 (Enjoylifefoods.com)

Next up was a bag of caramel apple filled Werther's Originals. I wasn't sure what to expect. I love the original Werther's candy, so I thought I would most likely probably like these. The best way I can describe this is Werther's meets sour apple jolly rancher- if the jolly rancher was liquid. I thought they were pretty good and a perfect candy to have around for the start of Fall! Werther's Caramel Apple candies retail for $2.49. (Walgreens.com)

Also included was a package of Crum Creek's soy nut trail mix. Check out my previous review of Crum Creek products here. Unfortunately, the soy nut trail mix was the one thing I tried that I didn't like. I gave these to my five year old though and she ate almost the whole package! The Crum Creek soy nut trail mix retails for $5.50 for a case of 10, making the cost of one around 55 cents. (CrumCreek.com)

There were 2 flavors of Mini Balance Bars in the tasty favorites box. I love that these little bars are only 100 calories. I think they make a great little pre or post workout treat or even just a quick fix for a chocolate craving. These are also good for kids. Mine love them. Mini Balance Bars retail for $8.99 for a box of 10 making the two that are included around .80 cents each or $1.90 total (shopbalance.com)

The last thing included was a bag of Mystic Harvest Purple Corn Chips. This is another gluten free and non-gmo product. This is a huge deal to me. I try to only buy non-gmo foods for my family so the fact that Cravebox just introduced me to 2 of them is a HUGE win in my book. We have not tried the Mystic Harvest chips just yet as we are saving them for my daughter's birthday party. The    Mystic Harvest Purple Corn Chips retail for $3.50 (mysticharvest.com)

Overall, I thought this was a pretty nice box. The only thing I would have done to improve it is maybe include one or two more products to further fill up the box. I hope Cravebox does another box like this in the future and fills it up just a teeny bit more.

*Disclaimer- I was not compensated in any way for this review. All opinions stated above are 100% my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment