Monday, August 20, 2012

Essie's Penny Talk (Mirror Metallics) & Stroke of Brilliance (Luxe Effects) Review

For the last few years, I have been really into nail polish. I think even more so after my twin boys were born in 2009 because it's something small I can do for myself at home, even when I don't have a lot of time. I love trying new colors and new brands (provided that they use a 3 free formula- have to keep things toxin free for my boys and their older sister AND my husband and me as well!)

Essie has teamed up with Klout several times this year to hand out some of their polishes to Klout users who are influential in beauty. I wanted to share some of those polishes with you- because I am pretty impressed!

I have seen Essie in the stores and I love the bottle they come in. It is just easy to pick an Essie bottle out from across the store. I have been a pretty devoted Zoya fan and haven't really stepped outside of that box until this year, so I was very happy to be able to try Essie without having to buy it.

A while back Klout & Essie sent me Stroke of Brilliance- a fun blue glitter polish from their Luxe Effects collection. Today I received Penny Talk- a copper color with a tiny hint of pink from their new metallics collection. I am usually not a fan of copper nail color because I am pretty much ghost white and it washes me out and looks odd on my nails. Not so with Penny Talk, it is a lovely light copper that shines and looks awesome on my nails. Something I really love about Essie is it's pretty much the fastest drying polish ever. I am always impressed out how fast it dries! That makes it easier for me to not mess up what I've painted and easier to paint my daughter's nails!

Penny Talk from Essie's Mirror Metallics collection.
I will definitely use Penny Talk as a go to for every day polish. It's just gorgeous!

I thought it would be fun to layer Stroke of Brilliance over Penny Talk so you could see both of my Klout perks from Essie in action together!

It looks much better in person! I like the combo of colors!



I will say Essie definitely has me as a fan! I can not wait to try more of their gorgeous colors from their great collections. Thank you to Klout & Essie for allowing me to try both of these great polishes and share them with you! If you are not on Klout yet, what are you waiting for? I have got to participate in so many cool perks from some many different categories! Check it out and start getting your own free perks!


Connect with Essie on Facebook


*Disclaimer- I received both of these Essie Polishes through Klout perks. I was not required to post a review.


1 comment:

  1. cute colors I rarely manicure my fingers but love having some color on my feet, great colors for fall

    ReplyDelete