Sunday, July 8, 2012

Perception (new tv series)- Review

I have been a member of a website called Klout for a little while now. This website measures how much influence you possess by how active you are on the social networks you are a part of. Probably the coolest part of being on Klout is getting "perks." The cable network TNT has been offering a lot of perks lately to watch a few of the new tv series that the network has. I have participated in 3 and I would say TNT is 3 for 3 with these shows. The latest show I have had the privilege to check out is Perception starring Eric McCormick (of Will & Grace fame) and Rachel Lee Cook.



Mcormick stars as Dr. Daniel Pierce, a professor of neuroscience, who also happens to suffer from paranoid schizophrenia. He is recruited by the FBI to help solve some of their more difficult cases via Kate Moretti, a former student of his (portrayed by Cook.) Daniel often sees people who are not there which, in part, helps him solve the cases. The other piece of the puzzle that helps him solve these cases is his uncanny ability to solve complex puzzles.

This is a refreshing premise for a show. There are plenty of crime solving shows on television right now, but I really enjoy this take on it with this professor helping solve cases, in part thanks to his mental disorder. It is fun trying to figure out the cases and it is also interesting to see who Daniel's newest hallucination will be. I don't want to give too much away since this show doesn't debut until tomorrow, so I will leave you with this- if you are a fan of shows like House, or even just interested in the psychology of the human mind, this is definitely a show you would enjoy.


Perception debuts on TNT on July 9 at 10/9C
Visit the Perception Website

*Disclaimer- I received an advance copy of the first four episodes of Perception through Klout Perks. I I am under no obligation to write a review at all. All thoughts stated are 100% my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment