Friday, April 6, 2012

Quaker Oatmeal Squares Review

I am always so excited when I receive something in the mail from Bzzagent, especially when it is more on the "natural" side of things. I have heard of Quaker Oatmeal Squares, but had yet to try them. We are not a "cereal for breakfast" kind of household because I wanted my kids (who are 4, 2 & 2) to start off with good eating habits and I feel like a lot of breakfast cereals are just full of sugar and no good nutrients.  We do have cereal for a snack every now and then, so that is how I served this cereal to the kids. Before allowing them to eat it, I read the nutrition label on the side of the box to see exactly what I was giving them. I was happy to see that the first ingredient on the box of Honey Nut Quaker Oats was whole grain flour. And that the second was whole wheat flour. I was also happy to see that, further down the ingredient list, was barley, a great source of fiber! I was delighted to see that there was no high fructose corn syrup to be found, my kids would not have been eating it otherwise and that there is a high amount of protein and fiber in this cereal. Things sounds great on the box, but I knew the real test would be seeing if the kids liked it or not. I sat them all around thetable and gave each a small bowl of the dry cereal for a snack. And there was not a crumb left. I even caught Noah, one of my two year old twin boys, trying to sneak more out of the box! I tried it myself and loved that it was just sweet enough, but still pretty healthy, as far as a boxed cereal is concerned.

I definitely plan to try all of the other flavors- in addition to the honey nut flavor there are Cinnamon, Brown Sugar and the Walmart Exclusive Golden Maple. Maybe we will start having a bowl of cereal for breakfast every now and then afterall.

Head over to the Quaker Oatmeal Square's Facebook Page to receive your own free sample of Oatmeal Squares!

*Disclaimer- I am a Bzzagent and received a free box of Quaker Honey Nut Oatmeal Squares in exchange for my thoughts on the product, however all opinions stated here are 100% my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment