Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Gud Shampoo review

I have been wishing for a while now that Burt's bees would come out with an adult line of bath and body products. I love using the Baby Bee line on my little ones, but prefer something different for myself (although I admit I HAVE used their Baby Bee shampoo from time to time!) They have exceeded my expectations with Gud, their new line of bath and body products for adults. And boy is it GOOD.


There are 3 scents to chose from Floral Cherrynova, Vanilla Flame and the one I decided to try out, Orange Petalooza. I can not tell you how excited I was to see a orange scented shampoo! I spotted this new GUD product line on the end cap of an aisle in the natural section in my local Kroger. The packaging was so bright and colorful and the cute little smiley face that makes the "u" in Gud grabbed my attention. They just screamed "buy me!"

When I used the Orange Petalooza shampoo, the scent was so citrus-y. I LOVE that the orange smell is so strong and that their is a hint of hyacinth. The shampoo lathered well and left my hair feeling good and clean, both which can be of concern when using natural shampoos. I love that it clearly states on the bottle that Gud products are free of parabens, phthalates and petrochemicals and NEVER tested on animals. These are things we avoid in our house, so it makes shopping much easier for me when products are labeled clearly.

After falling in love with the shampoo, on my next shopping trip I got the Orange Petalooza Body wash and since have switched to both as my permanent shampoo and body wash duo. I look forward to trying the other products available (conditioner, lotion products, hand wash and body mist) as well as in the other scents available.

GUD is fun AND safe and works great. I couldn't ask for more in a product!

"Like" Gud on Facebook and get $1 off product coupon to print

*DISCLAIMER I did not receive any products or compensation for this review. I simply like the product and wanted to share my opinion. All thoughts shared here are my own and were not influenced in any way.

3 comments:

  1. Makes my scalp itch and my hair looks awful. Using it to clean the tub now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps you are allergic to something in it? This is still the only shampoo I use and the only one so far that I have used in years that has not made me break out or irritate my skin in any way.

      Delete
  2. Since I seem to have a lot of people searching the blog for this particular review, I would like to say that I *still* use this shampoo and I *still* love it! There are a few new scents out now and my absolute favorite is the grapefruit scent Ruby Red Groovy!

    This is hands down the best natural shampoo I have ever used!

    ReplyDelete